Sunday, January 16, 2011

Life of Maud Rosalie Driggs Christensen
by Herself

It was the 25th of October 1877, when I first saw the light of day in the small city of West Jordan, Utah. My father was a merchant in this smelting town and I was the fourth child of Benjamin W. Driggs and Rosalie Ellen Cox--the other children being Frank Milton, Howard Roscoe, and Leonora.
Although only four years old when we moved away, many incident of those days were vivid to my young mind. We lived in what was called “The Factory House” with three apartments and agreeable neighbors, among them the May family. I remember our dolls and chairs on Christmas, the fun we had digging wells in our pasture near by. Then our baby Clarice died of whooping cough, leaving a broken-hearted mother.
To see all of Part 1--Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment